Since 2003 I've had used LilyPond for almost all my musical notation tasks. I created like two hundred pages of music.
As LilyPond (at especially that time) was quite hard to learn and use, I started developing LilyPondTool, a plugin for the jEdit text editor.
During the years it became more and more sophisticated, and it pioneered some features adopted by other LilyPond editors, especially Frescobaldi, and is still unique in some features.
Recently I had less musical notation tasks, so I spent much more time with developing LilyPondTool than with writing or notating music.
But in this year something happened that made me actually move away from LilyPond - MuseScore 1.2 turned out to be perfect for my needs.
I don't want to engrave perfectly looking music any more, but I want to have good useable notation which I can easily share, and get others to contribute. MuseScore is the right companion for that.
I have several problems with the concept of LilyPond anyway (in some later posts I will write about those), maintaining LilyPondTool took too much time from me, turning away from making music - I don't want to do that any more.
It was a great pleasure (most of the time) working with LilyPond and developing LilyPondTool, I learnt a lot, I enjoyed a very good community - but now I have to switch.